Oryana Ventures is a Private Limited Company, with investments from Badri Narayanan (the Founder, owning 40%) and Investors (Financial Investor – 60%).
Oryana acquired Jaldhara Technologies in 2017, a Waste Water treatment company, based in Pune, India
Badri Narayanan S - Founder & MD
- Badri till recently was a Senior Investment Professional at the Oman Investment Fund, the Sovereign Wealth Fund of Oman. Prior to his role at the OIF, Badri held Positions with the Citigroup and Goldman Sachs in London, Mumbai and UAE.
- During his 16 years’ experience, Badri has invested in various sectors, and sat on the Board of 6 companies in Singapore, Vietnam, UK, India and Australia for more than 10 years. During this period, he has also setup a Green Field Projects in Oman.
- Badri has completed his CFA Level III exams, MBA from the Coventry University, UK, and his B.Com from RKM Vivekananda College, Chennai.
- Badri has now founded Oryana Ventures Private Limited, and has raised capital to invest in the Water, Water Treatment Business in India. As part of an acquisitive strategy, the first acquisition is Jaldhara Technologies.
Roger Chia Kim Piow
Investor & Mentor
- Roger Chia Kim Piow is the Founder and Chairman of the Rotary Group of Companies, Singapore.
- With more than 50 years of experience, he is instrumental in developing the Group into a multinational turnkey engineering design and construction group.
- His impeccable leadership led Rotary Engineering to be prized Enterprise of the Year at the Singapore Business Award 2008.
- He was awarded Chief Executive Officer of the Year at the Singapore Corporate Awards 2009, Businessman of the Year at the Singapore Business Awards 2011, and conferred the Public Service Medal by the President of Singapore in 2010 in recognition of his community services.
- Roger KP Chia Family is a 60% shareholder of Oryana.
Board Member & Mentor
- Gopal retired as Managing Director of Chemplast Sanmar Ltd. and head of all Chemical Businesses of Sanmar Group in India.
- Prior to the leadership role in Chemicals, Gopal was responsible for 5 Joint Ventures for sophisticated light engineering products catering to Oil & Gas, Power, Refinery, Fertiliser, Nuclear, Chemical etc. industry segments.
- S Gopal holds an Engineering Degree in Electronics from IIT Madras and an MBA from IIM, Ahmedabad.
- Over a 40 plus years span, he has held leadership positions in Marketing, Projects and General Management.
- Gopal has set up Green Field and Brown Field Projects in different Industry Segments in India and abroad.
- Gopal was Regional Chairman - South of Indian Chemical Council, President of Madras Management Association and President of IIT Alumni Center - . an initiative across all IIT's for fostering collaboration between alumni, academia and industry. He has served on many State and National Committees.
- He is active in TiE Chennai and in IIT Alumni activities including the IIT Madras Incubation Centre. He is passionate about supporting startups and mentors a few startups in IIT Madras Incubation Centre.